For more great recipes, visit The Grocery Cart Challenge.
This is a recipe that my sister-in-law submitted to our family cookbook several years ago. Not only do my kids love it, but my hubby and myself are fans also. In addition, it is a great way to use up some of those FREE tubes of biscuits I got at the store the other day. (This is actually a recipe I will be using early next week).
MEXICAN BUBBLE PIZZA
1.5 lbs ground beef (I have used 1 lb and 2 lbs before, and it will work either way, really).
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 (19 oz) can ready-to-serve tomato soup
1 can Pillsbury Grands biscuits
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
various mexican-food toppings as desired (lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, olives, green onions, sour cream, etc)
Heat oven to 375*. Brown beef, drain grease. Add taco seasoning and tomato soup; mix well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Separate the biscuits and cut each one into 8 pieces (or just tear them up). Add pieces to ground beef mixture and stir gently. Spoon mixture into ungreased 9x13 pan and bake 18-23 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and bake 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly. Sprinkle with desired toppings and enjoy!
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
This sounds so good and easy! Thanks for sharing.
BTW - I found you from The Grocery cart Challenge.
Yum! Do you have a picture of that? I might be buying lots of biscuits at Albertons' soon, so I'd like to see what this is like!
This sounds really good. I have a similar recipe using ground beef and baked beans.
This sounds really good. I have a similar recipe using ground beef and baked beans.
Post a Comment