Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Groceries 2.11.09


  • 1 bottle olive oil 16.9 oz
  • 1 pkg 6 double rolls toilet paper
  • 4 Dannon Frusion smoothies 7 oz.
  • 10 Dannon Light & Fit yogurt cups 6 oz.
  • 1 Dannon Light & Fit yogurt 6 pack 4 oz.
  • 4 Hunt's Snack Pack pudding 14 oz.
  • 3 cans Hunt's diced tomatoes 14.5 oz.
  • 4 cans Pam cooking spray 6 oz.
  • 3 cans Ro-TEL tomatoes 10 oz.
  • 2 bottles Wesson canola oil 48 oz.
  • 1 pkg shredded cheddar cheese 32 oz.
  • 1 pkg kielbasa sausage 16 oz.
  • 2 boxes instant oatmeal 15.1 oz.
  • 5 cans tomato sauce 8 oz.
  • 1 pkg. hamburger buns 8
  • 1 pkg. breaded chicken patties 36 oz.
  • 1 pkg. corn tortillas 17.5 oz
  • 1 bottle lemon juice 15 oz.
  • 1 jar Frank's hot sauce 12 oz.
  • 1 pkg. frozen peas n' carrots 16 oz.
  • 1 pkg. 4-count AAA batteries
  • 1 can diced green chiles 4 oz.
  • 2 lbs. yellow onions
  • 1 bunch fresh cilantro
  • 1 pkg. Reece's peanut butter cups (a treat for when my 4-year-old behaves himself in the store)

Total spent: $66.02, total saved $42.80 (39.33%)

I didn't do as well this week as I have in weeks past. This was due to several reasons. One of them was that this week, I had more 'need' items on the list than usual, which left less room for 'stock-up-on-items-on-sale' items. If you'll notice, I was also over budget by $16.00. That is because I received this lovely coupon on checkout:



Which will allow me to spend $10 less next week to help balance things out a little. So, I guess you could say I'm actually only $6 over budget??? Oh well, at least I have some scrumptious meals planned for these 'need' items (see menu post below).
To see more shopping success stories, visit The Grocery Cart Challenge!)

No comments: