Last week's menu plan in review:- Monday: Tilapia (topped it with a can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes, minced onion, minced garlic, and salt and pepper, then baked it) ~ about 150 calories per serving
- Tuesday: London Broil (coated with a rub of garlic, rosemary, olive oil, salt, and pepper, then grilled) ~ about 175 calories per serving
- Wednesday: Steak Fajitas (leftover London Broil, lots of peppers and onions, whole wheat tortillas, and experimented to create my own low-sodium fajita seasoning)
- Thursday: Leftover Steak Fajitas
- Friday: Roasted Chicken Breast Sandwiches (Subway Jared-approved $5-footlong menu - we split a footlong, making the whole meal $5) ~ about 300 calories per 6"
- Saturday: Salad Bar (Sizzlers ~ we each ordered a steak and shrimp scampi platter and added a salad bar. We hit the fruit and salad bar for dinner, then saved the platter for leftovers. We used the shrimp to make shrimp quesadillas for Sunday lunch.)
- Sunday: Steak and broccoli (Sizzlers leftovers)
All of the meals were really yummy this week. I was particularly delighted that the 2.19 lbs of London Broil steaks that I purchased for $4.12 lasted for 3 meals, even though this meant that I ate red meat far more than I should have this week. Also, as you probably noticed, I had a weekend in which I really was burned out from cooking. Unfortunately, this meant that I didn't really have an accurate calorie count from several of my meals this week. I just had to use common sense and stop eating when I felt like I had reached my calorie budget. I must not have done too badly based on the numbers the scale reported on Saturday.

4 comments:
sry, i thought this was for this week, lol. i should have come to your house last week!! ;)
I just stumbled on your blog. I'm currently trying to lose weight as well via Weight Watchers. I'll have to follow your blog so I can get some menu ideas from your.
We have been eating a lot of tilapia lately. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Stacy
Post a Comment