Monday, March 30, 2009

Groceries 3.23 - 3.29

Starting Budget: $68.84 (I overspent last week by $6.16).

(The bullets were acting very weird on me as I was typing this. Sorry that it looks so bizarre.)


Albertsons



  • $7.98 ~ 1 bag 2 lbs shrimp @ $3.99/lb
    $.50 ~ 1 bottle Tree Top Trim juice 46 oz
    $2.14 ~ 2 pkgs 6 pack Seneca 100% natural Applesauce @ $1.07/ea
  • $3.00 ~ 2 tubes .5 oz Neosporin @ $1.50/ea
  • $4.38 ~ 2 pkgs 12 oz fat-free American cheese singles @ $2.19/ea
    $3.99 ~ 1 loaf 2 lb sharp cheddar cheese
Total spent: $23.03


Sunflower Farmers Market




  • $.77 ~ 1 head red leaf lettuce
    $.99 ~ 1.28 lbs tomatoes @ $.77/lb
    $.50 ~ 1 bunch green onions
    $.99 ~ 1 red bell pepper
    $.50 ~ 1 bunch fresh cilantro
    $1.67 ~ 1 bunch green seedless grapes @ $.77/lb
    $.22 ~ 1 red onion @ $.50/lb
  • $1.50 ~ 1 seedless cucumber
  • (.10) ~ credit for using my own shopping bag

Total spent: $7.14


Buy Low Market



  • $2.12 ~ 7 small Gala apples @ $.88/lb
  • $.81 ~ 5 Bosch pears @ $.50/lb
  • $.12 ~ 3 jalapeno chile peppers @ $.50/lb
  • $.97 ~ 5 tomatoes @ $.50/lb
  • $.69 ~ 1 bottle hot sauce
    $1.00 ~ 1 pkg whole wheat pitas
    $4.51 ~ 1.74 lbs Tilapia fillets @ $2.59/lb
    $.25 ~ 1 lb bag carrots
    $1.00 ~ 3 Hass avocados
    $.50 ~ 4 kiwifruits
    $.56 ~ 1 honeydew @ $.25/lb
    $.18 ~ 2 red onions @ $.25/lb
    $.79 ~ 2 Naval oranges (this should have been about $.50, but I noticed after I arrived home that they rang it up as grapefruit, not oranges.)
    $.58 ~ 3 white squash @ $.50/lb

    Total spent: $14.50


Macey's


  • $2.79 ~ 1 bottle sugar-free syrup
  • $6.98 ~ 1 bottle Chipotle Chile seasoning (grrr)
  • $1.67 ~ 1 jar pickle slices
  • $2.00 ~ 3 cans fat-free refried beans
  • $.99 ~ 1 tub fat-free cottage cheese
  • $.99 ~ 1 dozen large eggs
  • $1.67 ~ 5 cartons yogurt
  • $4.12 ~ 2.19 lbs London Broil Steaks
  • $1.89 ~ 1 carton alfalfa sprouts

Total spent: $24.04


Smith's



  • $2.99 ~ 3 lbs gala apples
  • $1.49 ~ 1 carton mushrooms
  • $1.00 ~ 1 carton fat-free sour cream

Total spent: $5.64

GRAND TOTAL SPENT THIS WEEK: $74.35

The good news is that I remained within my weekly budget of $75. The bad news is that I didn't make up the difference from over budget last week. So, I will carry my overage of ($-5.71) on to next week's budget. I'm blaming it all on the Chipotle Chile seasoning that I bought at Macey's. I only need a little bit for one recipe this week, and it cost me almost $7! I'm still a little bitter about it, as you can tell.

4 comments:

Jennifer (Niffer) said...

great job!

do you include sundries/household cleaners/ paper items in your budget?

how did you get your juice so cheap at alberstons?

Simplelivin' said...

Great job coming up under budget!!! I'm jealous of all the produce you got, and so cheap too!

Kaycee said...

Great job! It's always diapers and kid food that put me over budget. I usually get by on about $80/week, but don't get near as much to show for it as you do.

Rachel said...

Nice deals! Especially on the produce!!

Do you have any stores around you that offer bulk spices? Here, both WinCo and Whole Foods do bulk spices and at WinCo at least they are SO cheap, especially when you don't need a whole bottle. When I just need a few teaspoons for a recipe, I can usually get whatever it is for $.05 to $.20.