I first tasted this salad at my sister's bridal shower almost 7 years ago, and it has been a favorite ever since.
Ingredients:
1 large head of lettuce, torn (Romain or red-leaf work best, but iceburg will do)
chopped green onions, as many as desired (I like lots!)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds
1/2 pkg won tons, browned in oil and crumbled (found in the produce department)
1 small can sliced water chestnuts, drained (optional)
1 Tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
Dressing:
1/2 cup canola oil
4 Tbsp. sugar (Splenda works great, just stir it a little bit more!)
6 Tbsp. vinegar
Directions:
Pretty self-explanatory. Just mix everything together, then top with dressing just before eating.
(I am making this for dinner tonight, so I will have pictures to post tomorrow.)
For more great recipes, visit The Grocery Cart Challenge.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment